The result layer of the solution is based on data marts.
These data marts can be accessed by any third-party tool or the embedded tool Data Mart Manager.
Data marts are linked to specific reporting requirements. Therefore specific data marts are provided for each function. Data marts are filled frequently by functions such as Financial Accounting, Bank Capital Management, Regulatory Reporting etc.
Individual views for specific analysis and presentation requirements can be defined on the basis of these data marts. Views collect data from numerous data marts and provide an excerpt of data that is related to the specific requirement the view has been created for.
Reports can be defined using these views.
Reports can be displayed as tables or as graphs such as diagrams or pie charts.
The general advantages of the data mart approach:
- Comprehensive: All intermediary and final results from all Jabatix components, as well as all originally imported data, are stored.
- Maximum granularity: Every single valuation change for every single instrument (transaction) is stored, so a transaction level analysis can go down to the atomic level. To satisfy auditors and legal authorities' requirements for seamless drilldown, any disclosed measure is traceable to the underlying to improve the reliability of results. Each calculated figure is traceable to the parameters considered during calculation. Parameters include the cash flow plan with contractually defined business events and expected business events, as if it was valid at the processing date of calculation. Each D/C is traceable to the underlying business event, related contractual information, customer data and market data, as if it was valid at the posting date. The underlying accounting rule set is also traceable.
- Single source of truth: All data are available; no secondary source needs to be addressed. Thus, reconciliation is ensured and data inconsistencies are avoided.
- Open (input side): Data coming from 3rd-party tools, bespoke tools, Excel sheets or manual input can be added to results data marts, to allow a complete reporting procedure.
- Open (output side): The results data marts are accessible by all BI and reporting tools. In addition, any 3rd-party or bespoke BI/reporting/analysis tool can access them.
- Versatile: The data marts are the basis for any type of internal or external reporting and analysis: financial reporting, risk reporting, disclosures, regulatory reporting, management accounting, controlling, audit trail…