This section covers the Project Explorer tab and its functions.
To create a new project - we will call it Hello<yourname>, as in HelloJohnSmith, please follow these steps:
- From the File menu, select New and Model Project from the sub menu.
- The next screen allows you to specify the location for the new project folders and files.
- You can now verify that your new project has been created:
- Next, we switch to the Database Development perspective to set up our database connection. (Most projects will presumably use a relational database as a data source and/or destination.)
- When connected, the Data Source Explorer shows the following view:
Next, return to the Model Design perspective and create a Business Object (BO).
My new BO shows up in the tab Business Object Management, and I have created a field greeting to hold my string with the greeting, "Hello Universe!"
Now I create a new Script "sayHello.cantor":
Then I edit my script:
This simple script loads a greeting into the business object defined earlier and reads it back out for display in the Console tab.